While we’ve been busily tweeting away with reports on the #akinroadtrip to deliver the most recent “Our Bodies, Ourselves” to Rep. Todd Akin, the story has kept up steam in the media. Here’s some coverage of the overall issue and big picture problem of the GOP’s abortion platform that we liked:
- Pretty much everything from the Rachel Maddow Show – she’s been doing a fantastic job covering this all week long, and all the videos are online.
- Akin is Not an Outlier – Republicans on Rape, Abortion, and Women’s Rights – A little something I wrote up at Women’s Health News.
- Opinion Pieces Weigh Impact of Rep. Akin’s Controversial Remarks – a nice round-up of commentary in the Women’s Health Policy Report
- Paul Ryan Goddam! – Melissa Harris-Perry for The Nation (the title is a take on Nina Simone’s “Mississippi Goddam”)
And much-appreciated coverage of the road trip:
- Jane Henderson, our inspiration, at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Book Blog – Sex ed books on way to Akin in St. Louis
- Jezebel – Todd Akin’s Very Own Copy of Our Bodies, Ourselves Is Being Rush-Delivered to Him Right Now