Our Bodies Ourselves, a nonprofit women’s health education and advocacy organization, seeks a full-time Administrative Coordinator. This is a dynamic role, responsible for managing various administrative and development operations in an exciting, creative, and collaborative organization. The Administrative Coordinator helps us fulfill our mission by conducting the day-to-day operations that support the organization.
Our Bodies Ourselves (OBOS) empowers women with information about health, sexuality, and reproduction through our well-known book and website. We work in and for the public interest, promote equality between women and men, and build bridges among social justice movements.
We are seeking a bright, motivated, and team-oriented individual to work in our fast-paced mission-driven environment. The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of prior administrative support experience, a positive, proactive attitude, a willingness to learn, and a desire to work and grow in this role with the organization. This is a six-month position with the opportunity for renewal, contingent on funding.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptionally well-organized with strong follow-through
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy and judgment)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload: manage multiple conflicting deadlines and competing priorities to meet the needs of the executive and the organization
- Outstanding work ethic: ability to take ownership, work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Excellent computer, typing and internet research skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (Windows platform and programs Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SharePoint and Google Docs
- Experience with databases or demonstrated ability to learn new software programs
- Working knowledge of office machines
- Willingness and ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Flexible: adaptable to changing goals and tactics; thrives on challenges
- Responsive: effective time management; turns things around quickly
- Unflappable: maintains composure in the face of daily organizational challenges
- Collaborative: works well within a highly cross-functional team; active communicator
- Confident: works with poise under pressure and meets deadlines with autonomy
- Socially aware: broad perspective of cultural and diversity issues
- Fun: has a good sense of humor and communicates with ease
- Experience with Little Green Light (LGL) development database
- Experience with Sage 50 accounting software
- Previous experience coordinating events
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Design, organize and maintain office filing systems in good order (paper/electronic files)
- Track, order and maintain supplies
- Inventory OBOS equipment and physical files
- Oversee secure storage of off-site files and archive materials
- Update the office procedures manual and administrative filing system as needed
Fundraising and Development
- Maintain Little Green Light (LGL) donor database
- Manage correspondence with donors: track and acknowledge individual donor contributions; send year-end premiums; prepare mailings to potential donors
- Learn and understand how to update database and pull simple reports
- Provide logistical support for OBOS conferences and house parties.
Board and Staff Support
- Coordinate monthly meetings; take notes, prepare, distribute and archive minutes
- Organize logistics for annual board meeting
- Convene staff meetings, take notes and produce minutes
- Prepare and submit all meeting reports to the Executive Director
- Schedule travel, appointments and meetings
- Coordinate space and office organization
- Assist staff/team members with various activities as needed, time permitting
- Monitor and respond to general office email, telephone and fax communications
- Open and route physical mail, resolve information requests
- Prepare and deliver high quality correspondence in a timely manner
- Distribute books and materials domestically and internationally
- Make weekly deposits, prepare paperwork and check requests for reimbursements to staff and contractors
- Track book and postage inventory and prepare reports
- Compile data for expense and statistical reports
- Assist bookkeeper/accountant to gather information for the annual audit
The Administrative Coordinator will work 40 hours per week. Compensation includes a salary range of $35,000-$40,000 plus benefits, including a stipend for health insurance and contributions to a retirement plan.
Please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Application deadline: We will begin reviewing applications immediately and until the position is filled. For full consideration, please submit your application by June 30. We expect to fill the position by July 30.
Our Bodies Ourselves is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and building strength through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.