Home > Health Resource Center > > Web Links
Menopause and midlife health issues Web Links
- "Alternatives to Hormone Replacement Therapy"
information for menopausal women on strategies for managing symptoms without hormone treatment; focuses on exercise, nutrition, stress management, and dietary phytoestrogens
- "Creating a Cultural and Medical Shift in How Menopause is Perceived and Addressed"
overview of the National Women's Health Network's Menopause & Aging Program
- "Marketing Menopause"
transcript of National Radio Project show on reclaiming menopause as a normal health state
- A National Multiethnic Online Forum Study on Menopausal Symptom Experience
research exploring commonalities and differences in menopausal symptom experience among four major ethnic groups in the US (Whites, Hispanics, African Americans, and Asians)
- Centre for Menstrual Cycle and Ovulation Research
research center on the changes women experience throughout the life cycle; lots of information on perimenopause and menopause
- Contraception after 40
contraceptive options and special concerns for women over 40
- Hormone replacement therapy, cancer, controversies, and women’s health: historical, epidemiological, biological, clinical, and advocacy perspectives
article from the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health
- Hormone Therapy: A Marketing Breakthrough
transcript of an Australian television report on how drug companies in Australia, where direct to consumer adverstising is prohibited by law, use the media to promote their drugs
- Menopausal Symptoms and Complementary and Alternative Medicine
information from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine on the safety and effectiveness of alternative therapies
- Menopause & Women's Health Overview
info from the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation
- Menopause Studies Scramble for Funds
Women's eNews article examining the lack of government funds to research alternative or complementary treatments for menopause
- National Women’s Health Network
educational and advocacy work focusing on mid-life women's health issues
- Natural Menopause Journey
A site designed to demedicalize menopause and help women see it as a completely normal part of life. This site has ads from drug companies.
- North American Menopause Society
menopause information for women and clinicians
- Planned Parenthood: Menopause
symptoms of menopause and therapies for relief
- Project Aware: The Menopause Experience
information about women's experiences before, after, and during menopause; information about new studies and clinical trials of treatments
- The Study of Women's Health Across the Nation
The Study of Women's Health Across the Nation (SWAN) is an ongoing government study of the health of women at midlife. This web page lists the most recent and important research results.