Are you interested in supporting the work of OBOS? Do you like to host parties? Then throw a house party!
But wait, what’s a house party?
A house party is simply that — a party. A host (or hosts) invites her friends to her home with the purpose of educating them about the work of OBOS. The house party sets up a cordial atmosphere where people can learn about the work we do, ask questions, get some personal attention, and contribute to the organization.
The basic steps to each party are:
- Deciding to host
- Preparing a guest list
- Inviting attendees
- Planning the evening, particularly the pitch
- Follow up and thank
I’d like to host a party. What are the next steps?
First, email Anne Miller Sweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’re planning a house party. Then download our house party items:
- Five Steps to a Successful House Party
- Postcard invite template — perfect for mailing (Word document)
- 8.5×11 invite template – great for emailing as an attachment (Word document)
- Sign-in sheet (.pdf)
- Name badges — they are 2 1/3 x 3 3/8 and work with Avery 8395 adhesive name badges (Word document)
Once you’ve set your house party date, we’ll send Our Bodies Ourselves materials for you and your guests.
What if I have questions?
Simply email Anne Miller Sweeney at email@example.com or give us a call at 617-245-0200 x10. We’ll do our best to address any questions or concerns you might have.
Thank you for your support!