Articles and Additional Information on OBOGI Projects
In 2011, members of the Our Bodies Ourselves Global Network were honored as Our Bodies Ourselves Women's Health Heroes for their outstanding contributions to women’s health. The articles below, from Our Bodies, Our Blog, highlight the important work being done by our global partners.
Articles and Books
- Translating Our Bodies, Ourselves, an in-depth look at the role the book has played in the global women's health movement, from the 6/13/08 edition of The Nation.
- The Making of Our Bodies, Ourselves: How Feminism Travels Across Borders, a 2007 book by Kathy Davis, tells the stories behind the many foreign language adaptations of Our Bodies, Ourselves.
- 'Our Bodies' Gets an Israeli Makeover: Women's Classic Tells How to Say 'Menopause' in Hebrew and Arabic, an article by Beth Schwartzapfel from the 10.18.11 edition of The Forward
- "OBOS Global Network Report"
a report on the 2002 International Women and Health Meeting held in Toronto
- "Crossing Cultural Borders with Our Bodies, Ourselves: A Meeting in Utrecht, the Netherlands"
a report from our 2001 end-of-year newsletter
Additional articles about specific projects can be found on the projects’ individual web pages.