Excerpts and Full Texts from Global Projects
From the time Our Bodies, Ourselves (OBOS) was first published in 1970, women from many different countries have been inspired to produce global adaptations -- initially in print, and more recently in digital and socially interactive formats.
Below are excerpts -- or, in some cases, the entire resource -- from materials the groups have created. We hope to post additional resources as they become available.
- Excerpts from Ne Dhe Trupiynë, në Shekullin e ri, an Albanian adaptation from The Gender Alliance for Development Center
- The entire edition of Menk ou Mer Marmine, the Armenian adaptation of Our Bodies, Ourselves
- Excerpts from Al Mara wa Kayanaha, an Arabic adaptation created by the group Women and Their Bodies
- Excerpts from Nashim LeGufan, the Hebrew adaptation created by the group Women and Their Bodies.
- Aamaar Shastha, Aamaar Satta, a Bengali booklet produced in India by the groups Sanlaap and Manavi
- Excerpts from Notre Corps, Notre Santé, an adaptation for French speaking Africa, produced by Groupe de Recherche sur les Femmes et les Lois au Senegal
- Excerpts from Hamro Sharir, Hamro Ho, booklets in Nepali created by the Women's Rehabilitation Center
- Excerpts from Nasze ciała, nasze życie, a Polish adaptation produced by the Network of East/West Women - Polska
- Мы сами и наше тело: Новое издание для новой эры, the entire Russian e-book produced by the group Women’s Health in St. Petersburg is online at the group's website
You can also read the English translations of the prefaces to various books.