Our Bodies, Ourselves is our core vehicle for educating women about health, sexuality and reproduction. The ninth edition of this classic bestseller was published in October 2011. The newly revised and updated edition focuses on women’s reproductive health and sexuality and includes dozens of personal stories and essential, up-to-date information about gender identity, sexual orientation, birth control, abortion, pregnancy and birth, perimenopause, menopause, health issues such as breast and ovarian cancers, and sexuality and sexual health as we age.
We have also published two single-topic books that delve more deeply into specific women's health topics, Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause (2006), and Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth (2008). Like "Our Bodies, Ourselves," these books combine trustworthy medical information, women's personal stories, and thoughtful analyses of the social, cultural, and political forces that affect women's health.
We also create and distribute information on women's health through our website, blog, newsletters and digital media. The key features of our content are:
- Provides evidence-based and reliable information
- Uses accessible language and tone
- Demystifies technical jargon
- Includes women’s voices and experiences
- Critiques cultural, political, corporate, and ideological forces that affect women’s health
- Emphasizes individual and collective empowerment
- Encourages public engagement and action