Support Our Bodies Ourselves!
The deadline has passed to get one's name listed in the next edition of Our Bodies, Ourselves. But we still welcome donations to support the 40th Symposium and the work we do. A big thanks to all who donated to the Word by Word Campaign. You support is greatly appreciated.
Many people assume that OBOS has a big bank account because we have a big name. But we’re actually a small nonprofit, and we rely on supporters like you to help us get accurate information about women’s health into the hands of the public.
With your donation, your name (or name of your choosing) will appear in the next edition of "Our Bodies, Ourselves," slated for publication in fall 2011. (Imagine giving your mom the 40th-anniversary edition of "Our Bodies, Ourselves" . . . with her name in it.)
There are four levels from which to choose, and once you’ve donated, an OBOS representative will be in touch to secure the information you want listed in the book.
Supporter levels include:
- Platinum ($1,000 and above)
One organization or group name or one name of donor's choosing, up to 50 characters (including spaces) to craft a personal message, and one 2011 40th-anniversary edition of "Our Bodies, Ourselves" signed by members of the staff and editorial team.
- Gold ($500-$999)
One name of donor's choosing and up to 20 characters (including spaces) to craft a personal message.
- Silver ($300-$499)
One organization or group name or two individual names of donor's choosing.
- Bronze ($150-$299)
One individual name of donor's choosing.
Not only will your donation help ensure the future of OBOS, but your contribution will make a long-lasting difference in people’s lives. To give you an idea of your impact:
- $150 covers the cost of 25 copies of "De Camino a la Maternidad" for health clinics in Latin American or for outreach in health clinics in the U.S.
- $300 covers the cost of one month of technical maintenance to the Our Bodies Our Blog and our online Women’s Health Information & Resource Center.
- $500 covers six expert reviewers for the 2011 edition of "Our Bodies, Ourselves" – people who have volunteered their skills in exchange for token payments.
- $1,000 covers the costs of one month of technical support for groups around the world translating or adapting "Our Bodies, Ourselves" for their community.
Once you've created your own page, you can ask your social and family networks to donate to the campaign. You can set your fundraising goals at the a platinum, gold, silver or bronze level and receive the same perks.
This is an exciting way to be involved and ensure the future of OBOS. With your support, we’re changing the world—body by body, woman by woman—through Word by Word.
Please contact Anne Sweeney at email@example.com or 617-245-0200 with questions.